Frequently Asked Questions
When and where will SB’22 San Diego take place?
SB’22 San Diego will take place on October 17-20, 2022 at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa (2100 Costa Del Mar Rd) in Carlsbad, California.
Can I attend SB’22 San Diego virtually?
The Sustainable Brands team is looking forward to hosting an in-person event. Digital passes will be available for attendees interested in participating remotely, providing limited live streaming and recordings of all sessions.
How can I book my room at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa?
Once you register for SB’22 San Diego, you will receive a confirmation email with a booking link. Space is limited, so make sure to reserve your room early.
How far is the Cape Rey Carlsbad Beach Resort from the Omni?
There is a 4.5-mile distance, a 10-minute shuttle bus will be available to connect both hotels. You won’t miss out on any activities by staying at the Cape Rey.
Can I apply to be an SB’22 Speaker?
We’re no longer accepting nominations/proposals for SB’22. We’ll have information up in the coming weeks for proposals for our spring event, SB Brand Led Culture Change, as well as for SB’23.
Do you offer discounted pricing for nonprofits?
Yes! Please reach out to us at [email protected] for details.
What measures are you taking to mitigate the spread of COVID-19?
Your wellbeing is our #1 priority. The Sustainable Brands team is implementing key measures to protect against COVID-19. All in-person attendees must be vaccinated. Additionally, attendees will be required to wear masks indoors when not eating or drinking. We’re looking forward to hosting attendees in a safe environment and we’re keeping an eye on unfolding recommendations to ensure our team and guests have a happy, healthy experience.
Safety precautions include:
- Requiring vaccination for all attendees, per CDPH guidelines.
- Recommended face coverings inside when not actively eating or drinking.
- Recommending face covering outdoors when not actively eating or drinking or when physical distancing is not possible.
- Modifying the event-space to support physical distancing.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces between sessions.
- Encouraging frequent hand washing and using hand sanitizer when hand washing is not readily available. (Hand sanitizer stations are available in public areas throughout the property.)
- Utilizing outdoor spaces when possible.
- Requesting that attendees who don’t feel well, have a high temperature, or have been exposed to a known positive covid case within the past two weeks do not attend the event.
The team at Omni La Costa continues to take precautions to protect against COVID-19.