New Metrics '19 Program Detail
Birds of a Feather Dinners
1). Prepare a compelling topic of discussion that sparks a conversation. Feel free to borrow one of these ideas:
- Progress and challenges on the way to a circular economy
- Bringing regenerative products & services to market
- Brands taking stands on sensitive or difficult social issues
- Leadership in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world
- Prioritizing innovation in the face of a planetary emergency
- Beyond capitalism as usual: defining the next economy
- Making sustainable lifestyles desirable
2). Choose a date and start time for your dinner within one of these time frames:
- Monday, Nov. 18, 7:30 pm – onward
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 6:30 pm – onward
3) Choose a restaurant. There are lots of great options within walking distance of the Lowes Hotel.
4) Find the Birds of a Feather sign-up sheet station by the registration desk. Claim your sign-up sheet by writing your name and topic on the sheet. The sooner you prepare a sign-up sheet, the more interest it will garner. Make sure to include:
- Your name
- Discussion topic
- Meeting time
- Phone number (if you feel inclined) so your dinner party can find you. Most people are reachable via the app.
5). Spread the word about your community curated dinner in the app newsfeed! Attendees should drop by the sign-up desk to add their name to the list.
6). Bring your dinner party together by starting a text message thread or messaging them in the app.
6). Split the bill. Each dinner party guest is responsible for his or her portion of the meal.